- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The competition is open to all residents of Oldham.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter the competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- All stories, photographs or video should be submitted by:
Emailing us at email@example.com
Tweeting us at @oldhamcouncil or @oldhamcares
Posting on our Facebook page at Oldham Council or NHS Oldham
- If your entry features any person or people, they should be aware that they are being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in the competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, Oldham Council reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
Copyright and reproduction
- You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all stories, images or videos entered. You will retain copyright of your entries at all times and always be credited alongside your picture.
- See usage rights listed below
- By entering into the competition, you grant permission to Oldham Council exclusive license to reproduce the images for the following purposes
- Printing of winning entry in local and regional media. Inclusion of winning and highly commended entries on the Oldham Council website and Oldham
- Council related social media accounts. All entries will be credited alongside their work where published.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by Oldham Council and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the Competition (including publishing your name and county if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Oldham Council excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Oldham Council’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Oldham Council’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify Oldham Council and keep Oldham Council indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Oldham Council as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and entry in such publicity.
- Oldham Council reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the Oldham Council website without giving notice.
For more information, visit our Privacy Notice at
If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.